In 2012 I attended the 3rd Annual TCM Classic Film Festival (and my 1st). In 2010 I was unable to attend because I had a bun in the oven and in 2011 the little bun was too young for me to leave. It was hard for me to stay here, watching the commercials, seeing the live blogs and tweets, and of course the footage from the Festival itself. I honestly didn’t think it would ever be a possibility for me to go. When the opportunity arose for me to attend in 2012, everything fell into place. All of the things I worried about were non-issues and all of the things I didn’t think would be issues? Well…
Twentieth Century Fox has announced a brand new interactive campaign “Voice Your Choice” which allows fans to select films for digital restoration and Blu-ray release. In addition to this program, Fox Home Entertainment will be releasing at least one classic film title on Blu-ray each month categorized as “20th Century Fox Studio Classics.”
Happy Holidays from The Fence!
It’s never been a better time to be a classic film fan. With numerous theatre screenings across the country, the TCM Film Festival, never before released and remastered films on DVD/Blu-ray– there’s an abundance of goodies for every fan. With only two weeks until Christmas, I have put together a gift guide for the classic film fans on your list. Already done with your shopping or don’t celebrate Christmas? Then pick something out for yourself! Make sure to scroll through the entire post for some fantastic deals and enter the giveaway.
It’s Marilyn Monroe day! We have a great group of bloggers lined up to honor the brilliant and tormented starlet.
- Good friend Bobby Rivers on the unusual dynamic of Monroe & Merman: The Odd Couple.
- Lesya from Eternity of Dream takes a look at the haunting technicolor noir Niagara.
- H.P. Oliver is back at the blogathon! Today he takes a look at the The Seven Year Itch.
- Also returning is Aurora from Once Upon a Screen with a lovely pictorial covering Marilyn’s career
- Sarah from True Classics takes the time to get to know Marilyn
- Calum Campbell of Manalishi Films on Some Like It Hot
- Cliff from Immortal Ephemera is back with some interesting press clippings on Monroe.
- The Lady Eve joins the blogathon with the excellent essay Marilyn Monroe: Out of a Dream
- Angela from The Hollywood Revue, who is in the midst of her annual Blogging Under the Stars event, lists her five favorite Monroe performances
- Jessica from Comet Over Hollywood joins us with a video submission
- Le is back with a wonderful essay entitled Profiles of Women: Marilyn Monroe (note: hit the translate button at the bottom of the page)
- R.C. from The Shades of Black and White with her wonderful piece entitled Just Marilyn
- Carley of Kitty Packard weighs in with a a great entry: The Birth of an Actress: Marilyn Monroe in ‘Don’t Bother to Knock’