Day 23: Gene Kelly
Today TCM celebrates Gene Kelly’s Centennial. It’s going to be an action packed day here at The Fence, over at ScribeHard on Film, and on Twitter. Make sure to tune-in to TCM for a fantastic line-up of Kelly’s films.
- Cliff at Immortal Ephemera is back once again with, as Michael says, the best old news.
- Aurora at Once Upon a Screen on the “we’re putting on a show in a barn” classic Summer Stock
- Jackie Brady takes a look at some movie called Singin’ In the Rain.
- Kristen from Journeys in Classic Film on An American in Paris. Who could ask for anything more?
- H.P. Oliver returns with another lovely film editorial on Singin’ In the Rain.
- Margaret Perry from The Great Katharine Hepburn with her favorite Gene Kelly movies airing on TCM today.
- R.D. Finch from The Movie Projector returns with a look at the superb film On the Town
- Judy from Movie Classics on Gene’s film debut For Me and My Gal
- Le from Critica Retro has put together some Gene Kelly trivia!
- The Lady Eve is back to the blogathon with Gene Kelly’s Brief Sojourn, “Let’s Make Love” (1960)
- Carrie from True Classics with her take on the fun Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- Raquel from 19Cooper01 with a lovely essay entitled My Night Under the Covers with Gene Kelly
There’s more to come, folks! Stay tuned!
Jill Blake is the owner of the classic film website Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence. She is also a co-founder and editor of the film site The Black Maria and film editor at CC2K. In 2012, she was interviewed on-air by Turner Classic Movies host Ben Mankiewicz. In 2013, she was a featured guest on the TCM podcast. In her spare time Jill is a stay-at-home mom, wife, fried okra connoisseur, and the neighborhood’s own L.B. Jeffries.