Day 21: Kay Francis
Today’s Summer Under the Stars spotlight is on one of Pre-code film’s quintessential dames– Kay Francis. If you’re not familiar with her work, I urge you to tune into TCM today (or set your DVR). I promise you’ll love her. Here’s a tip: Jewel Robbery (airing at 8:15 am) is a must watch.
- Kimberly from GlamAmor is back with a look at Francis’s trendsetting style in the 1930s
- Danny Reid from Can’t Stop the Movies has several contributions for Kay’s special day: reviews of Jewel Robbery, Mary Stevens MD, and Mandalay. Danny also has a great overview on Francis and the films featured on TCM today
- Cliff from Immortal Ephemera also has a few posts honoring Kay: a “Picto-Sked”, and 2 different pieces on the film Dr. Monica: http://immortalephemera.com/22195/dr-monica-1934-kay-francis/ and http://warrenwilliam.com/dr-monica-1934/
- Kristina from Speakeasy on Kay’s performance in Confession
- And the blogathon welcomes Gene from 11east14thstreet.com with a look at Francis in Mary Stevens MD