Day 14: James Cagney
James Cagney. He could punch, shoot, fast talk, and hoof. And he was great at all of it.
- H.P. Oliver is back with an editorial on a gangster essential– The Public Enemy (1931)
- John Greco from Twenty Four Frames on Cagney’s brilliant performance as the evil Cody Jarrett in White Heat (1949)
- Le from Critica Retro is back with 10 Reasons to admire James Cagney (remember to hit the translate button!)
- Pal Karen from the quintessential Pre-code and film noir blog Shadows and Satin, with her essay White Heat: A Character Assassination
- Cliff from Immortal Ephemera has presented another fantastic collection of press clippings on Cagney and an epic essay on the film Smart Money
- Jessica from Comet Over Hollywood is back with another beauty tip from the gritty gangster drama The Public Enemy. Fantastic!
- Rich from Wide Screen World has created an original comic strip loaded with references to Cagney and his performances
- Anthony from Zeppo Marxism is back with a fun piece on discovering Cagney
- Carley from Kitty Packard Pictorial tells us why James Cagney is the Ultimate Bad-Ass
- Raquel from 19cooper01 with Graham Greene on Cagney: Part I & Part II