Day 2: Myrna Loy
My girl Myrna is in the spotlight today!
- Aurora at Once Upon a Screen with Myrna Loy- The Little Things: http://onceuponascreen.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/myrna-loy-the-little-things/
- Kellee Pratt from Outspoken & Freckled on The Thin Man (1934): http://www.kelleepratt.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-thin-man.html
- H.P. Oliver offers an editorial of The Thin Man (1934) and how it holds up with today’s audiences: http://www.hpoliver.com/FILMEDITORIAL/review02.html
- Margaret Perry from The Great Katharine Hepburn runs down some of her favorite Loy performances: http://thegreatkh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/myrna-loy-august-2-on-tcm.html
- Cliff at Immortal Ephemera on Penthouse (1933): http://immortalephemera.com/21297/penthouse-1933-warner-baxter-myrna-loy/ and a look at some Loy press clippings: http://immortalephemera.com/21246/august-2-myrna-loy-tcm-summer-under-the-stars/
- Brandie from True Classics on the very funny and heartwarming Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948): http://trueclassics.net/2012/08/02/living-the-american-dream-with-mr-blandings
- Lara from Backlots on one of my personal favorites Libeled Lady (1936): http://backlots.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/summer-under-the-stars-blogathon-libeled-lady-1937/
Jill Blake is the owner/managing editor of the classic film website Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence. She is also a co-founder and editor of the film site The Moviola and film editor at CC2K. In 2012, she was interviewed on-air by Turner Classic Movies host Ben Mankiewicz. In 2013, she was a featured guest on the TCM podcast. In her spare time Jill is a stay-at-home mom, wife, fried okra connoisseur, and the neighborhood’s own L.B. Jeffries.